Sunday, December 16, 2007

Pirate Birthday Cake



Today we celebrated Jack's 6th birthday, this is his cake- a pirate cake. If you read my blog on a regular basis then you know that life is pretty insane this month. But, birthdays cannot be postponed or rescheduled so a birthday party in December it is. The cake came from Zoe's Bakery in Covington and this is no ordinary bakery. They are very talented and obviously love what they do so I trust that whatever they make will always make me happy. I have never been disappointed with the results and I can tell you, I am not all that easy to please when it comes to cakes. My theory is if I don't have time to make something wonderful I better put it in the hands of someone who can. Someone who will make something so outrageously cool, that it won't matter at all that I didn't make it. I tend to not do anything half-way, it's just not in my nature. I also knew that with the week past, there was no way I could make something I would be happy with. My plan worked, jack loved it, the cake was marvelous! Anyhow, I just wanted to share- I was really impressed and best of all it tasted as good as it looked. The party was really cute- all his little friends, treasure maps and chests, balloons, ice cream, and lots of goodies...all the makings for a very happy 6 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...