Sunday, September 5, 2010

Recipe: Easy Banana Bread


Passing on my love for food, baking and cooking is something I hope to do for my very picky little eater, Jack. I am trying a new approach to get him to try new foods, with the thought that if he gets excited about something we cook together he will then want to also eat it. I figured we would start with something he is sure to please him, banana bread. I also wanted Jack to be able to prepare it from start to finish without much intervention from me, so this was a great easy recipe.


I used to not be a big fan of banana bread, I found them to sometimes be too soggy, heavy and not 'cakey' enough for me. This particular version is still moist, but has a bit more crumb to it than previous versions. I have made this as a cake in 2 - 9" pans and iced it with cream cheese icing, it makes for a nice banana layer cake as well. You can also add in nuts or chocolate chips.

Easy One Bowl Banana Bread

4 cups mashed banana (about 5-6 bananas)
1/4 lb. butter, melted
2 cups sugar
3 cups flour
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

2- 9" loaf pans, greased.
Preheat oven to 350 F degrees

1. Blend all ingredients together in a large bowl with a wooden spoon.

2. Evenly distribute batter between the loaf pans and bake 50-60 minutes or until golden brown and a cake tester comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...